How can I improve myself on python?

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

How can I improve myself on python?

Postby Rsms » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:23 pm

Hey. I'm a bit stuck over here. for the past weeks iv'e been trying to learn Python. I feel that I know the basics pretty well.

I have been on YouTube watching numerous of different vidoes series explaining Python for beginners.

What I did after a week or two when I got all the basics down was to install a plugin/module called "EasyGUI".

but, with EasyGui are pretty limited.

I just wonder what I should do to move to the next step so to speak.

I don't want something too bad though. I wanna take everything about Python step-by-step. If I get too hard challenged right away I'll just quit because all I see is hard shit.

If you have any tips or guidelines of what I should do to improve myself then I'd appreciate if you shared them with me!

Note: I don't like to ready books. Id's rather watch a Video
Last edited by Yoriz on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First post lock
Rsms

Re: How can I improve myself on python?

Postby Marbelous » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:00 pm

If you really have the basics down the most important thing I can think of is to develop new code all the time. Pick a project (try to pick something that's actually interesting for you) and start it out simple and then expand it learning new techniques as you go. I.E.: If you like music, create a simple file system that lets you input song, artists, your notes, etc. Then, add the ability to store files as text, then use pickle, then add a real database, then allow access through a web page, etc...
Too much time reading and studying without generating code is a mistake I'll always regret. Writing lots of code and pushing yourself to try new things is the best way to learn even if it's frustrating at times. ;)
Marbelous

Re: How can I improve myself on python?

Postby hrs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Make programs. Try to aply what you know by writing code. Here are some ideas: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=378.
hrs

Return to General Discussions