Is It possible to write this?

A forum for general discussion of the Python programming language.

Is It possible to write this?

Postby Masonrk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:37 am

I have wanted to write a script that would automatically turn off a single LAN connection after a certain time. But I know in order to do this you wound need to access the internet, log into your router, and such. As you can tell, I am just learning python and want to know its capabilities.

Thank you very much,

Regards, Mason.
Last edited by micseydel on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locked OP.
Masonrk

Re: Is It possible to write this?

Postby micseydel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish from what you're saying here. Do you want to just disable the internet connection on your own computer? If so, I'd think you'd need someway to hook into the OS to tell it so.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Re: Is It possible to write this?

Postby Kebap » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Masonrk wrote:I know in order to do this you wound need to access the internet, log into your router, and such. As you can tell, I am just learning python and want to know its capabilities.

Welcome! Please make a more detailed list of what exactly you want your python to do for you. Logging in to websites is certainly possible.
Learn: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and chat with uns directly!
Kebap

Return to General Discussions