thread modification edit display

thread modification edit display

Postby metulburr » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Since the admin recently said he is jumping back into the forum and forum made in python. I have begun thinking of cool features again for python forum software.

Basically the idea is the same as Facebooks, edit concept. When you edit a post, every friend can see the previously edited posts, but the latest is what is showed. The only way to remove the edited version is to completely remove the post and start again. In facebook i find the feature pointless and annoying (because i have butter fingers making typos a lot), but on a forum i could see how it might be quite usefull.

Reading a post, i came across a post that didnt make sense. My only conclusion was that the poster changed the code after realizing the mistake, but not mentioning it. Dont know for sure though. Thus my thought of facebooks edit feature that would prevent things like this.

I dont think there is anything like this for hte free forums. So in that case could only be implemented with our own forum software.

Just a thought
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Re: thread modification edit display

Postby micseydel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 pm

+1
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to Suggestions