I need some help on a program!!

Post here if you are recruiting Python programmers, or are a Python programmer looking for work.

I need some help on a program!!

Postby refire13 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:40 am

I want to use vpython to generate a pyramid fractal using algorithms. So basically once i have the fractal pyramid i need to also generate more pyramids in a similar manner. I'm really struggling with this and would like some help.

So something like this for examble

Set up initial pyramid

def subdivide(big_pyramid, subdivisions_remaining)
if subdivisions_remaining < 1:
draw big_pyramid
Create 5 small pyramids based on big_pyramid
for each small pyramid:
subdivide(the small pyramid, subdivisions_remaining - 1)

subdivide(initial pyramid, number of subdivisions)

Obviously this isn't right and i'm missing a lot of parts. For the pyramid i need 5 points, so in vypthon i basically need to draw lines going from each point creating the 3d figure and then create the fractal which i believe copies it. If anyone can help me out with this that would be great. I can provide much more information if this is lacking.

I am also willing to pay.
Last edited by Mekire on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locked.
refire13

Re: I need some help on a program!!

Postby Mekire » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:33 pm

refire13 from devshed in case it gets deleted wrote:For my class i am suppose to use vpython to generate a pyramid fractal using algorithms. So basically once i have the fractal pyramid i need to also generate more pyramids in a similar manner. I'm really struggling with this and would like some help.

Evidence:
http://forums.devshed.com/python-programming-11/vpython-3d-fractals-help-955459.html
http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/336208-need-help-with-vpython-fractals/

refire13 wrote:I am also willing to pay.

This is for your class and you are offering to pay....

...yeah, we don't do that.

-Mek
Mekire

Postby stranac » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Mekire wrote:This is for your class and you are offering to pay....

...yeah, we don't do that.

Those of us with morals don't. I'm willing to send my morals for enough moneyz...

refire13 wrote:I am also willing to pay.

How much moneyz?

Also, you should be aware that micseydel is probably gonna let the people at wsu know you're cheating...
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Postby micseydel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 am

Well, he's asking for help, I see little evidence this is a "do it for me" post. And I wouldn't assume that offering to pay for help is unethical/cheating. So I could email the school, and I'd just have wasted my time and theirs because they'd look at it and say it isn't cheating. Basically, refine13, don't be as scared now as you might have been when you read the previous two posts. If you decide you do want to cheat, then be scared. Be very scared.

That said, it's annoying that the OP posted in multiple places without letting everyone involved know that, since it could lead to much duplicate effort. He also did a bad job explaining what precisely the help he needs is.

So, read this before posting again (seriously, do it) and we'd be happy to help. And there are people here (and probably the other places you posted) who will happily help without charging you so if you want I can move this out of the jobs section.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to Jobs