EnginePy, an engine I'm building to learn.

EnginePy, an engine I'm building to learn.

Postby sirarchitect » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Is it alright if I give a link to a github repository... for people to watch my progress on an simple 2d engine?

update:
date of inception: August 13th, 2016
creator: ~sirarchitect
link: https://github.com/sirarchitect/engine_py.git

EDIT: Going to update my progress weekly to monthly. I'm going to update a working state of it tonight.
Last edited by sirarchitect on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sirarchitect

Re: EnginePy, an engine I'm building to learn.

Postby micseydel » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Feel free to use this subforum for that.
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1, 2016.

This forum will be locked down and no one will be able to post/edit/create threads, etc. here from thereafter. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.
micseydel

Postby micseydel » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Why the spam posts after you were warned? Your remaining on this site is contingent upon your response to this question.
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1, 2016.

This forum will be locked down and no one will be able to post/edit/create threads, etc. here from thereafter. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.
micseydel

Postby sirarchitect » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:33 am

I just reserved them for information on the engine, i.e., Artificial Intelligence, physics... it's components. I didn't spam, I just reserved the first page for all information on the engine.

Can I have the edit option back? It's the crux to why I reserved the first page.

I'm so sorry, I just looked at that post from the elegant coding thread. I just skimmed through that thread the last few looks. I didn't know. You can delete the reserved post.
sirarchitect

Postby Mekire » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:01 am

sirarchitect wrote:I just reserved them for information on the engine, i.e., Artificial Intelligence, physics... it's components. I didn't spam, I just reserved the first page for all information on the engine.
Make a new post to this thread when you have updates. Just don't do so too often. We will not generally lock replies here once you are an established poster. The "I'm going to reserve this" behavior is the main reason you are still getting posts locked.

To mods: 12 posts containing "I'm going to reserve this", or similar have been deleted from this thread. Please lock future threads from this user if this continues.
New Users, Read This
  • Use code tags when posting code.
  • Include any errors with your post (in code tags).
  • Describe your problem; not your chosen solution.
  • Make examples the minimum length to demonstrate your issue.
Mekire

Postby sirarchitect » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Admin, can you please delete this thread so I can make a new one? I don't like all the unused real estate. I'll stay away from the reserved posts...
sirarchitect

Postby sirarchitect » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:52 am

Sorry, been very busy with other things. Will update tomorrow night. I've only worked on this project for five minutes. I've got like ten deadlines... so bear with me.

First update: I'm making a environment that holds shapes and moves them. Simple collision detection. Possibly if I learn more about the other circle collision detection I'll add that. This update is small. Date of update 12am 21st of August.
sirarchitect

Return to Game Development