[@Metul] Exact window position.

Postby Mekire » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:43 am

As a substitute to using:
Code: Select all
os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED'] = '1'

You can use the following to declare the exact position of your window:
Code: Select all
os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS'] = "350,150"
This may be an acceptable solution to your dual monitor issue.

I'm looking for a platform independent way to get the resolution of the monitor or a flag telling you if the screen is using multiple monitors but so far what I've found seem to all be platform specific.

-Mek
Mekire

Re: [@Metul] Exact window position.

Postby metulburr » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 pm

ah ok, i thought it took 1 or 0 string value for false or true, didnt know that it also took coords. Good ot know thanks.

I'm looking for a platform independent way to get the resolution of the monitor or a flag telling you if the screen is using multiple monitors but so far what I've found seem to all be platform specific.

yeah not sure, aside from windows, i am not even sure how to check in linux whether the computer is using a dual monitor and to also check based on any graphics card setting of dual monitors either.

It might be a massive code to check any graphics card, on linux, and windows. IT might be better to just assume the person is not using dual monitors. However it is assumed that people using dual monitors know that bugs exist. There are a lot of times i have had to disable the second monitor just to play a legit game because their game doesnt even check for that (both on windows and linux). So i am use to disabling the second monitor just to play a game, but i figured since i was writing the game, that their may be more of a programatic approach. But maybe there isn;t a solid one as legit games dont even check for it.
New Users, Read This
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
steam
metulburr

Return to Game Development