Codewars: Achieve mastery through challenge

Codewars: Achieve mastery through challenge

Postby stranac » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:42 pm

I just wanted to share this site I discovered yesterday: Codewars

It's a collection with quite a few programming challenges, many of them supporting Python, and it seems to be quickly growing.
All the challenges are rated by difficulty from super-simple to fairly difficult, and can be filtered by difficulty and category.
From what I've seen, there are many challenges targeted for beginners, and a few fairly challenging ones.

I've enjoyed the site so far, I'm hoping someone will join the fun.
Friendship is magic!

R.I.P. Tracy M. You will be missed.
stranac

Re: Codewars: Achieve mastery through challenge

Postby ichabod801 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 pm

I tried to create an account and it crashed on me. Looks interesting, though.
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1st, 2016.
This forum will be locked down and no one will be able to post/edit/create threads, etc. here from thereafter. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.
ichabod801

Postby micseydel » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Looks interesting to me too. I like the idea of correcting nearly-correct code. My OOP professor in college was good about that.
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1, 2016.

This forum will be locked down and no one will be able to post/edit/create threads, etc. here from thereafter. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.
micseydel

Postby ichabod801 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:46 am

It crashed again, so I sent them an email with the details. Interestingly, they registered under the Serbian domain, so their email was info@codewa.rs
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1st, 2016.
ichabod801

Postby ichabod801 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 pm

ichabod801 wrote:Interestingly, they registered under the Serbian domain, so their email was info@codewa.rs

Or perhaps not so interesting. The email bounced back.
ichabod801

Postby JLogan3o13 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:53 am

Registering took me a couple of tries today. Even when I got registered, the first challenge continues to crash. The window at the bottom says it is still in BETA. Great idea, just don't think they're ready for Prime Time yet.
Last edited by Yoriz on Sun May 03, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First post lock.
JLogan3o13

Postby Kebap » Tue May 05, 2015 11:39 am

Registering was easy. This seems a great site. I especially like to option to see other people's solutions in trying to fix the same problems. Also most problems at my level only have 1 simple error to find and fix, which seems great for learning. Not sure how the community features work, but I joined clan "python-forum.org"
Due to the reasons discussed here we are moving to python-forum.net on October 1, 2016.

This forum will be closed. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.

IRC://irc.freenode.net/python-forum
Kebap

Return to Challenges