How do I install Pyglet?

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: How do I install Pyglet?

Postby Somelauw » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 pm

dboxall123 wrote:
Functions and classes and such can be pretty boring language features if you don't see them context.

Functions and classes are essential to game developement.

And that's exactly my point. When you read a tutorial about how to create classes, you might not understand their potential at first, but when you read a tutorial about how to make a game, you'll see how those classes correspond to game entities.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
Somelauw

Postby Mekire » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 am

If only this were the case. Most tutorials written for Pygame and Pyglet have people start coding in the global namespace. Taking 2 hours to at least introduce yourself to the concept of functions and classes before you try to tackle graphics shouldn't be something that new programmers fight tooth and nail to avoid. The fact of the matter is that many of them do though. Personally, I will help people to a point; but after that if they continue to refuse to at least attempt to apply some functions, I'm moving on.

I was planning on working step by step to help clean up OPs last program. The last thing I asked was for him to attempt to write a very simple function. Instead he starts asking how to install Pyglet and comments:
Hissing Cockroach wrote:It's been hard enough to find help already.

-Mek
Mekire

Postby Hissing Cockroach » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Still learning functions. I've been ocupied with alot of other things lately.
Hissing Cockroach

Previous

Return to General Coding Help