Collecting Tweets with Python

This is the place for queries that don't fit in any of the other categories.

Collecting Tweets with Python

Postby Lieke » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Hello everybody,

For my masterthesis I have to collect a huge amount of Tweets. It is told me that I have to use a Python script in order to succeed in collecting the correct data. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to write a Python script.

I hope that someone can help me because I am searching for a solution for three months now. Unfortunately the data cannot be collected with a simple search query in Twitter. The following data has to be collected:
There are 216 persons of whom I need to collect the tweets from november 2011 and the tweets of november 2012.
I have a file in which the 216 persons are specified.

If someone could help me I would be very grateful!

Kind regards,
Lieke
Last edited by stranac on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: First post lock.
Lieke

Re: Collecting Tweets with Python

Postby Kebap » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Hello Lieke, welcome to the forums and Python. So you want somebody to write code for you? But you did not post in "Jobs"? Do you want to learn how to code it yourself, or just use it later? How do you want to go forward here? I don't quite understand it.
Learn: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and chat with uns directly!
Kebap

Re: Collecting Tweets with Python

Postby ochichinyezaboombwa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 am

In three months, you could do it manually without using Python. Who has told you you need Python? There's a REST Twitter API that you can use with any language or without a programming language (say just wget + shell).
ochichinyezaboombwa

Return to General Coding Help