Inventing on principle

Inventing on principle

Postby Crimson King » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:40 pm

This video was shared by a user from a python mailing list i'm suscribed to:

Inventing on Principle

It's an interesting video worth watching.
Crimson King

Re: Inventing on principle

Postby Somelauw » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:29 pm

What is the video about?
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
Somelauw

Postby Crimson King » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Somelauw wrote:What is the video about?

The video shows how creators need immediate connection with what they are creating.

For instance: When you write code in any language you're guessing what that piece of code will do after compiling/running and according to the lecturer that is not the way to do things. He then shows some tools he developed to avoid this issue.

This is not a Python-specific video, that's why i posted it in the Bar section. In fact, i think he uses JS in some o his examples.

I hope that helps a little, if it doesn't let me know!
Crimson King

Postby micseydel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 pm

I had seen this before, and think that's a good summary (and he does in fact use Javascript, although it isn't specific to that either). I thought it was an awesome video, both in terms of acting on principal and then the specific one he pushes (that it is a tragedy that creators often don't have an immediate and direct connection to their creation).

He gives an example of a sorting algorithm (quick sort?) and how as you type each character, you should see the result change, including intermediate steps. He also has a very pretty graphical thing that is JS-related, and was quite a bit more impressive than just showing live output. I would strongly recommend the video if you have a bit of time.
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!

Please do not PM members regarding questions which are meant to be discussed publicly. The point of the forum is so that others can benefit from it. We don't want to help you over PMs or emails.
micseydel

Return to Bar