GAH!

GAH!

Postby ichabod801 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:20 pm

I wrote a Connect Four game, but I couldn't get the alpha-beta pruning on the AI to work right. At any reasonable depth it's kicking out 400 or more nodes, so I can't trace it through with print lining. I figure it will be easier to write a tic-tac-toe game and debug the alpha-beta pruning code there. So I write the tic-tac-toe game, and I write a couple simple AIs to test the tools I'll need for the board evaluation function. After some false starts there, I start on the alpha-beta pruning AI. I copy over the alpha-beta pruning code from the Connect Four AI, and the first thing I notice is that it's using the wrong evaluation function.

I would have posted this on Facebook, but almost nobody there would understand what I'm talking about.
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1st, 2016.
This forum will be locked down and no one will be able to post/edit/create threads, etc. here from thereafter. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.
ichabod801

Re: GAH!

Postby micseydel » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Good example of doing the right thing (simplifying to Tic-tac-toe) but still getting unlucky! I have no idea how hardware folks can tolerate these kind of oops-s.
Due to the reasons discussed here we will be moving to python-forum.io on October 1, 2016.

This forum will be locked down and no one will be able to post/edit/create threads, etc. here from thereafter. Please create an account at the new site to continue discussion.
micseydel

Return to Bar