programming and exercise

programming and exercise

Postby metulburr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 am

Do any of you feel like you are blobs in front of a computer, sitting and starring at it all day. I mean you have to, to be able to ge good at programming. I never get exercise, i am always in front of the computer doing something at it.

Well after quitting smoking i gained quite a few pounds. I past my limit of "oh damn" and beyond. So i decided i have to do something about it. I started counting what i eat, traded in soda for water, and sometimes green tea. Just the past few days i have been walking my ass of. Like today i walked on 3 separate occasions, 3 miles each, 1 of those occasion being up this huge hill. Needless to say that will be the last time, lol.

But i mean really, I sit in front of the computer most of the day. And slowly gain up pounds after pounds after pounds. Does anyone else have this problem too.
New Users, Read This
version Python 3.3.2 and 2.7.5, tkinter 8.5, pyqt 4.8.4, pygame 1.9.2 pre
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
metulburr

Re: programming and exercise

Postby micseydel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:10 am

I exercise a lot. I bike everywhere (no car), go rock climbing, play ping pong, play intramural volleyball, I have run and swam a lot in the past, and I am taking a weight lifting class through the university. I really like running and would like to get back into that but haven't been good about it recently. I did sports in high school too. I am concerned about getting enough exercise once I leave university though D=
Join the #python-forum IRC channel on irc.freenode.net!
micseydel

Postby bcuz » Wed May 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I walk and (now that it's warm) play tennis. I'm almost too skinny at 5'9 130 lbs. Right now, I'd willingly take on a few pounds in exchange for enough python skills to get a job in the field. :D
bcuz

Postby metulburr » Wed May 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Right now, I'd willingly take on a few pounds in exchange for enough python skills to get a job in the field.

I will sell you 100 pounds for all my python knowledge
New Users, Read This
version Python 3.3.2 and 2.7.5, tkinter 8.5, pyqt 4.8.4, pygame 1.9.2 pre
OS Ubuntu 14.04, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Windows 7/8
https://github.com/metulburr
metulburr

Postby bcuz » Wed May 15, 2013 11:32 pm

100 lbs?! I'd like to see the age of 40.

35 and you have a deal.
bcuz

Postby pydsigner » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 am

I'm fortunate, I guess: my family tries to eat fairly healthy, and my parents make me do stuff other than sit at my computer all day. I'm still a teen, but I'm more of a string-bean even than bcuz (6'0", 135 lbs.)
Desktop: Linux Mint 15, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 2.4GHz Xeon
Laptop: Win8, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1.6GHz 4th gen i5
Python: 2.7.4

For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved! (John 3:17)
pydsigner

Return to Bar